Thursday, May 5, 2011

WIFI & TV Fixed Aerials

Currently in UK modern houses a standard TV aerial, (placed on the roof or inside the attic) will have connections inside the house, normally found in the living room and maybe the master bedroom. In most family households as well as the master bedroom and living room, you will find a TV in the kitchen and the children's bedroom. Currently we cannot connect those to the TV aerial without structural change to the rooms.

My satellite dish has an ugly cable running from the top of my garage down the length of the garden into a hole drilled into the side of my house to connect the sky dish to the box to the TV.

Why in to days age where we have wireless laptops, printers, speakers, surround systems, can I not have a wireless master arieal that I can connect as many TVs in the house to that I want. This way you achieve a constant quality picture and have the same range of channels. I am sure that Panasonic could utilise this technology and build it into their TVs even, sell with them a wireless / WIFI arieal to replace the fixed ones currently used

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    I like your idea very much, this is really a daily issue during roof-antenna installation.
    The only question is, how state owned frequency providers could give to each individuals free transmission frequency to downstream the signal to your TV from the roof.
    What do you think about instead of this having a hyper sensitive tuner in the TV, without external antenna?

    Regards

    Ferenc from PSEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ferenc, thank you for reading my blog, to be honest with you my technical knowledge is limited. I have the end vision but don't necessarily know how I would get there. So any suggestion that would make the vision economically viable to produce and give the end user what they want sounds good to me. If we could do away with the antenna completely that would be even better,

    ReplyDelete